Yesterday was a fun day at church! Celebrating Kids and Family Day, we had a chance to go outside our normal routine and play with kids onstage during the service. We sang some great songs, taught some motions to another (apologies to Lincoln Brewster!) and played a couple of kids games. I had a ball! But there are some thoughts I want to share with you about the service yesterday….
1) Kids are great fun, even when some of them are yours.
2) If you’re gonna plan some children’s games, on stage, you’d better be certain you have enough children in attendance to pull it off. A game designed for 5th and 6th graders doesn’t translate well to 3 and 4 year olds.
3) Don’t be afraid to try something new. (And now, for something completely different….)
4) I work with some very patient people.
5) I am the prodigal son from time to time; I am often the older brother with the hard heart and bad attitude; but I want to be the prodigal father. Recklessly, without care, lavishing expensive gifts of love, mercy, and grace to those who some say are worthless. That is what Jesus does…
6) We have the best volunteers at The Springs!
7) Brandon Irby is a creative spark-plug and has done wonders for our online identity and marketing. Plus, he’s a lot of fun!
8) God is at work in many families who attend The Springs. Let Him work.
9) We have some new setup volunteers and they are fantastic! Thanks for your service!
10) Some of you need to get off the fence and commit to follow Christ. You’ve talked about it long enough. No hesitations- come on, let’s go!
What are you putting off ’till later that you need to take care of today?